ENCORE Ministry Executive Director
The mission of ENCORE Ministry is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world by providing consultation, training and support, advocacy, quality resources, networking opportunities, and grant funding to equip church leaders in the Tennessee-Western Kentucky (TWK) Conference of The United Methodist Church for intentional ministry by, with, and for older adults.
To create a world where the wisdom, skills, experience, and faith of older adults is carefully nurtured, properly equipped, and fully utilized.
Equip and support church leaders of TWK Conference for intentional ministry by, with, and for older adults to:
- Provide older adult ministry resources for the TWK Conference
- Strengthen local churches’ capacity to offer older adult ministry with consultation, training, and grants
- Maintain and grow giving to the annual fund and the endowment through fundraising.
- Collaborate with other organizations to address older adult issues
The Executive Director of ENCORE Ministry (EM) serves as the chief executive officer of EM and the McKendree Village Foundation (MVF) andis responsible for the successful leadership and management of ENCORE Ministry according to the strategic objectives set by the board of directors. Both ENCORE Ministry and McKendree Village Foundation are located in Nashville, Tennessee.
The Executive Director of ENCORE Ministry serves as an ex-officio,non-voting member of a board of directors, which meets quarterly to act on proposals and work done by committees, and directly supervises an executive team consisting of a part-time program director and a part-time communications director.
The McKendree Village Foundation (MVF) is an affiliated ministry of EM with a focus on financially supporting eligible older adults who reside at McKendree Village (MKV), a senior continuing care retirement community (CCRC). The MVF board meets twice a year. Maintaining operations of the MVF takes 10-15% of the Executive Director’s time. Read full job description
- Submit one PDF file consisting of a cover letter stating your reason(s) for seeking this position, resume, and contact information for three personal and/or professional references.
- An employment offer is subject to the applicant successfully completing background, references, and other applicable checks.
- Information on how to merge PDF files is available at https://www.adobe.com/acrobat/hub/how-to/split-and-merge-pdfs
- A transition period, including onboarding, will begin in the fourth quarter of 2023.
- General questions about this job opportunity or ENCORE Ministry may be addressed to email@example.com.
- All applicants will receive acknowledgement upon receipt of their application.
- The application deadline is April 30, 2023.